Friday 22 March 2019

Maths

This week for maths we were doing our maths about finding the Range, Mode, Mean and Median of a number. Range is the difference between the smallest and biggest number. Mode is the Most frequent number in the data. Median is the middle number in the data. And my favourite to find is the mean which is the average which you find by adding the numbers then dividing them buy however many numbers you have. What we learn't was to always arrange my the data from smallest to biggest but I like the challenged of doing it all in my head. 

I enjoyed doing averages and I have a good understanding about them now. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Franklin

    You have clearly explained how to find the mean (average) of a set of numbers and you have displayed a great understanding of this in your tasks. Sometimes, depending on the size of the numbers you may have to write them down!

    Miss Power

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Miss Power. I really enjoyed doing averages. Last night I finished the maths buddy tasks and you're right about sometimes needing paper to work them out when there is lots of data.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.