Wednesday 27 March 2019

Brunner Mine

This week for topic we went to the Brunner Mine site. We looked around and did activities about what it was like back then. We looked at the old entrance to the mine and we also looked at the big coke ovens.

We also did a play about a scene in the book 'Mines Afire' where the Brunner Mine explodes and the children in the class hears it explode, The teacher leaves to help with the recovery and locks them in the class. So the children go out the windows. I was a child so I just had to act surprised when the explosion happened. I kind of enjoyed the activity.

We also had to find out information about the mine. We got the Information from big boards.

I liked Brunner Mine and it was a good experience.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Franklin, Will here. I liked how you used good punctuation in your post. I loved the Brunner Mine trip too. What was your favourite part? I liked the mime's we did. It was a shame we weren't in the same group.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.