Wednesday 3 July 2019

Under 52s rugby

Last week I was again selected to represent the West Coast for the Under 52 kg rugby team.  I am vice captain and I play 1st 5/8th. I weigh 47kg. 

There is a tournament played between Marlborough, Nelson Bays, Golden Bay/Motueka, Buller and the West Coast in the school holidays. This a primary schools tournament with a weight restriction. The tournament is a round robin played over a week. The winner of this tournament is awarded the Seddon Shield. It is a very old and prestigious rugby tournament. 

Last year, I also played in this tournament. We beat Buller and we were very close to beating Golden Bay/ Motueka. Hopefully this year we will play well and win.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Franklin. I haven't been to the Seddon Shield tournament as I was overseas last year, but this year I was selected. I am really excited for the games next week.
    Will.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.