Friday 16 August 2019

The finals

This weekend I played and captained the Blaketown under 14 rugby team from fist five to beat Marist in the final. We played in very cold, windy and wet conditions.

It is my first year in the grade which means I am a younger player in the team.

We got of to a good start by applying lot of pressure ant trapping them in their own corner with the wind against them.  We go rewarded by the continuous pressure scoring two converted trys in a row. Then Marist bounced back and scored one of their own. I scored a try halfway through the first half. At halftime we were leading by 19 points. Marist in the second half with the wind behind made a slight comeback. The final score was 50 - 36 to us. 

After the game I made a speech to describe the game thank Marist and say how leading up to the game we tied both games. I also thanked the supporters, managers and our coach.

After the speechers we went and had a 25 minute hot shower to warm up.

I am so happy we won.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.